This interactive and enjoyable session explores what autism feels like from the inside and the impact of the condition on individuals. It examines autism in a social context as well as looking at the range of autistic traits.
The training is suitable for all: autistic adults, the parents of autistic children and health and social care practitioners have all found it useful. It was initially developed for therapists and counsellors but others came along and benefited. The stories shared were helpful and it became clear that a mixture of participants enriches the experience for everyone.
A certificate of attendance or CPD certificate can be provided if required.
The session covers
• An overview of autism
• Why autistic people have social and communication differences
• How and why autistic people respond to information and in unusual ways
• Autistic strengths and challenges
• Some reasons why autism is often not identified
• Experiential exercises and discussion
Price £75/£60 Early bird if booked before 14th January 2017
To find more information or to sign up for the course please visit our website here